Job hunting, sifting, filtering, configuring. These past 6 months have felt like an extended tour of the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory.
- what are you looking for in your next role?
- what’s important to you?
- what are your strengths? weaknesses?
- how do you work in a team? how do you prefer to work?
- what have been your greatest successes so far?
- tell me about yourself? where do you see yourself in 3-4-5-6-7 years? are you looking for something long-term?
- tell me about your favourite boss?
Questions. Questions. Questions. Quest.
I left a great team and a great company because my heart was screaming at me, “Janine, you are on the wrong path.” So I had to take some time to analyze my heart. Yes, I am such an over-thinker, that I even analyze my own intuitive thoughts, even as I am following them. I had a season of thought, play, and procrastination. Of adventures, new experiences, and trials.
I’m writing today, because I think this season is about to come to an end. “Lady of Leisure” has a nice ring to it, but does not define me; especially in long durations and during cold weather. “Stir Crazy”, “Manic, Panic, Bannock”, “Ready Freddy”. I am a creature that needs to keep moving forward and enjoys having her brain tickled.
I also care. a lot. I think that’s why I took HR in school, not because I had aspirations to be a Corporate HR “skirt an’ blazer”, but because I see HR as organized caring. 11 job interviews in 6 months and I think I’ve found the one. At last.